Where possible, please encourage your customers to make contactless payments. This will minimise physical interaction with your card machine. In addition, card machines should be thoroughly and regularly cleaned.
Before cleaning your card machine you should:
- Wear single use protective gloves.
- Turn off the device and unplug it from the power source.
- Mobile devices should be removed from their dock and turned-off.
Cleaning and disinfection substances recommended:
- For cleaning: water with soap or dishwashing detergent.
- For disinfection: alcohol based cleaning substances or alcohol with approx. concentration of 70%.
How to clean/disinfect:
- The cleaning substance should be applied using a clean lint-free cloth.
- Do not apply cleaning substances directly to the keyboard or display – it may damage the device.
- It is sufficient to use a lightly moistened cloth to effectively clean and disinfect the terminal. Excess fluid is not recommended as it might get into the device and cause damage.